You Put Your Left Arm In
pop quiz: a traditional lyric done untraditionally by the kings of Christmas
Three days into your ski holiday and you wish, more than anything else, that you’d managed to find more time to develop your core strength. So, get yourself an electric tooth brush with a two minute timer, or a simple kitchen timer, and start the ‘two minute tooth brush tone up’ today; twice a day, every day.
Windmill Arm Stretches
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Hold your left arm straight out at shoulder height.
- Brush your teeth with your right hand.
- With the palm facing backwards, circle your shoulder forwards for one minute and then backwards for one minute.
Tone Up Technique for Windmill Arm Stretches
- It’s your shoulder, not your arm, wrist or hand that your are exercising; focus on movement up, back, down, forward in your shoulder (or up, forward, down, back).
- Your hand should move in a circle about the size of a football.
- Keep your shoulders relaxed, head up tall, back straight.
- Keep your stomach in and pelvis down.
Developing Your Core Strength
Now, I’m not saying this series of exercises is enough, but at least four minutes a day; you do brush your teeth at least twice a day don’t you?; done every day, at a time when you’re usually just staring at yourself in the mirror and trying to decide whether or not you are getting wrinkles, has got to be better than nothing. Look out for more Two Minute Tooth Brush Tone Up exercises.
pop trivia: “You put your left arm in” is, of course, the Okey Cokey, but did you know Slade did a version? Released as an attempt at the 1979 Christmas Number One, it failed!