It’ll Be Alright
pop quiz: super monsters with a sprinkling of stardust
Back in 1985, I was a fresh-faced graduate starting out in a career in chemicals; who could have predicted the alternate reality that is today?!
- I had never stood on a pair of skis
- I hadn't met most of the people who today I call friends
- I hadn't given a thought to what my world would look like in 2015
- I love skiing and have booked a ski touring course for the coming season
- A series of events mean I need friends more than ever; has anyone got a spare bed?!
- I don't want to think about what my world will look like in 2045
21st October 2015 is Back to the Future day; enjoy looking back, but enjoy today more. ...and if all else fails, you could always ski backwards.
pop trivia: "It’ll be alright” is from ‘Up the Hill Backwards’ from David Bowie‘s 1980 album, Scary Monsters.